Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weather in Sykkylven changes with a coin toss

Update: Hurray. I broke my wrist. No cycling to work for a while!

Today I was not awoken by the seagulls having sex on my neighbour’s roof. Today it was the rain. Not pouring like a made man, but still enough to make the streets of Sykkylven pretty wet.

Earlier this year I made a promise to my self that I would bike to work every day. Sykkylven is not that big, so it only takes about 5-10 minutes to get to my office. However, 5-10 minuets in rain with no fenders is something else. Funny thing was that I really enjoyed it! It was refreshing so I was looking forward to my trip home as well.

When my day was over I got all suited up in my rain cloths and headed on out to find sunny skies all over the place. It was rely warm and nice so the tip home didn't go quite as expected. Not to worry though, I got plenty wet from cycling full speed in a raincoat through sunny Sykkylven. Yeah.

So basically: If you're moving to Sykkylven bring a raincoat and a backpack to stash it in when the sun comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment