Friday, June 5, 2009

Folven Camping's Management is to Lazy to Care

A couple of years ago I got hooked on going Stryn for summer skiing at Stryn Summer Ski resort and decided to get at trailer so I could be a bum the entire summer. I called around and find a gem of a wagon: A Swift Corvette. Think about that for a second: A Corvette trailer...

Before buying the corvette I contact Folven Camping about accommodations. The very friendly manager told me a spot for next season was a sure thing. So I bought the trailer and gave it a coat of paint.

As soon as the sow melted I sent a couple of e-mails to Folven Camping asking when I could drop by. No reply. This is what happens:
  • March. I send an email. No reply.
  • April. I call up and am told to wait over eater.
  • April. Management will be at Folven after May 1st.
  • Middle of May. Folven needs to check the lot for winder damage (I have no idea how winter damages a grass field).
  • Late may. Management needs to check their books.
  • End of May. Management will call me over the weekend about a final answer.
  • June. Suspicious of Folvens Customer Relation Management...
Three days ago I sent a mail stating my business and that I live 2 hoers away and will drop by in person if that's what it takes. The reply? "We have a vacant spot. Get here fast or it'll go to somebody else".

Am I the only one seeing the irony in Folven Camping telling me to hurry up? Suppose I should be lucky I just got spot. Although. Shape up. Seriously.

Folven here I come!

Update: I managed to get my trailer up and running with only minor Folven related issues. more.

No comments:

Post a Comment