Thursday, June 4, 2009

Skate or die - Sykkylven builds a skate park

Never did make it to the boat festival so can't report much on that. However I did get an awesome visit from Ørsta! While we were walking past Aure Ungdomskole (a High School in Sykkylven) I noticed a bunch of people building stuff.

Later on when my visitor had left for the ferry I went back to investigate. Turns out we are getting a skate park in Sykkylven. Pretty awesome stuff. Being a Tony Hawk super veteran I'm pretty stoked.

The park is being built by some local old-school skaters I know with funding from the local government. They granted 50 000 NOK to the skaters building the park. In my mind that's way more useful than the 1 million NOK donated to build the church's tool shed. To bad skating is not a mainstream religion.

2 comments:

B said...

"In my mind that's way more useful than the 1 million NOK donated to build the church's tool shed."
Haha! I agree.

Cbastus said...

People priorities are different apparently. It's a nice tool shed though, I will give them that.

Post a Comment